These Brushed Mugs are hand glazed with our own Yellow, Orange, and Red studio made glazes. Each mug is dunked in yellow, sponged with orange, and brushed in smooth swirling lines with red. They are very open to individual interpretation with Billowing Fires, and Tiger Safari being some of our favorites. Individual colors and textures varies slightly, since every Brushed Mug is a unique, one-of-a-kind piece of art.
Mugs will also have strange imperfections, flaws, textures and shapes, including rough spots, crawling glaze, microcracks, divots, ovaled tops, mugs that slightly rock back and forth on the table, and other strange qualities. These are a natural part of this art. Mugs are 100% non-toxic, dishwasher and microwave safe, and meant to be used and enjoyed everyday.
Handcrafted in the USA: Mug body shapes were made from Stoneware clay in Ohio, USA by Mayco, a well-known maker of pottery materials. They use a "slip casting" method to skillfully produce identical shapes that are chip resistant clay, yet smooth. Mayco bisque kiln fires each mug to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit, then ships mugs to Cherrico Pottery, a small batch pottery studio in Minnesota, USA. The Cherrico Pottery Team applies all glaze designs by hand. You can actually see fingerprints on the bottom of each mug, that we leave intentionally to show the mark of the hand, since we dip each mug in glaze with our hands and fingers. We then kiln fire the mugs again, much hotter: 2200 degrees F. The result is a 100% non-toxic, dishwasher safe coffee mug, shipped from Cherrico Pottery to your doorstep.
Brushed Mugs are:
- Durable: Stoneware pottery is very hard and meant to last a lifetime.
- Functional: 100% non-toxic, dishwasher safe.
- Complex: Every mug is brushed with up to 6 different layers of colors and textures
- Earthen: Raw iron, manganese and chrome are harvested from the earth & fired in a kiln to 2200 degrees F to seal colors with silica glaze for non-toxic, food-safe surfaces.
- One of a Kind: Each firing results in slight variations in glaze and shape that can never be duplicated exactly.
Customer Reviews Write a Review
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.